Haircare is something that everyone must do. A haircare routine includes a series of steps that one should follow for dandruff-free, strong, and beautiful hair.
Hair is an essential part of our lives. If these are not appropriately styled we can’t focus on our work. Whenever we go out we make sure that our hair looks good. But for the hair to look good and be appropriately styled, it must be taken care of.
The first step of the haircare routine includes the oiling of hair. Oiling of hair means, applying the accurate amount of oil in your hair that has adequate nutrients which makes your hair strong and beautiful. But before going on to different hair oils let’s first see how oiling helps our hair.
Role of oiling in achieving Strong and Beautiful hair-
- First of all, oiling strengthens your hair. The ingredients present in hair oils provide vital nutrition to the hair that reduces breakage.
- Secondly, oiling promotes hair growth. Hair oil+ Massaging technique= Opening the scalp pores and promoting hair growth.
- Thirdly, oiling helps in reducing the dryness of the hair. Various oils are available that provide the necessary moisturization to the hair follicles.
- Moreover, increased usage of heating products like- straighteners, curlers, etc. damages our hair. so, regular oiling helps in protecting our hair.
Different hair oils we can use for strong and beautiful hair-
Popularly known as Sarson ka tel, this oil has been in use for ages. This oil is rich in vitamin B complex, vitamin A, vitamin E, calcium, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids. This oil helps in Nourishing the hair by providing proper nutrients to undernourished hair.
Using mustard oil for hair massage boosts blood circulation, as a result the pores open and hair growth takes place. Mustard oil has anti-fungal properties which cleanse your scalp and makes it an anti-dandruff oil also. Moreover, this oil works as a natural conditioner that makes hair soft, smooth, and voluminous.
Coconut oil which is rich in Lauric acid is very beneficial for the hair. A large amount of Lauric acid present in coconut oil provides enough nourishment to the hair. This oil provides shine to the hair. Moreover, the anti-inflammatory properties of this oil reduce the inflammation of the scalp which promotes hair growth.
Coconut oil helps in managing the frizziness of the hair. This oil is best for dry hair types as it makes hair manageable.
As we all know, almonds are a rich source of Vitamin E, Biotin, and Minerals like calcium, magnesium, etc. Eating almonds helps our body in many ways as making our brain strong, strengthening our bones, helping manage blood sugar levels, etc.
Like almonds, its oil i.e., almond oil is also rich in Vitamin E and antioxidants. Massaging your hair with almond oil provides hydration to the dry hair roots. It provides a reasonable amount of moisture to the hair. It helps in preventing the problem of split ends, itchy scalp, and hair fall.
Various Almonds oils are available in the market and you can even buy them from an online website such as Amazon.
Furthermore, this oil makes hair soft and smooth.
This oil is extracted from the seeds of the Ricinus communis plant. It is rich in ricinoleic acid, a monounsaturated fatty acid. Castor oil has many advantages when it comes to hair care.
Castor oil is even rich in Vitamin E which helps in preventing excessive hair loss. This oil is perfect for dry, damaged, and frizzy hair as a massage with this oil increases blood circulation which helps in hair growth.
However, such a type of oil may not suit every hair type. Therefore, people with extremely dry hair are suggested to apply a few drops of this oil on the hair ends on an everyday basis.
So, from the above insight, you may have come across the fact that oiling helps your hair in different ways. Therefore, it is important to choose the right type of hair oil keeping in mind the hair problem.
If you are dealing with dry and frizzy hair start using oils like coconut oil and castor. However, if you have dandruff then go for mustard oil with a few drops of lemon juice.
Cons of Excessive oiling-
Though oiling is good for hair yet we know that excess of everything is bad. Excessive oiling is also not good for our hair. So, below given are some cons of excessive oiling-
- Excessive oiling can hamper the natural growth of hair as it needs a clean and healthy area to start its cycle.
- It can even lead to a condition called seborrheic dermatitis. In this condition, red and scaly patches are formed on the scalp which leads to a large amount of dandruff.
- More oiling means using more shampoos to rinse off the oil. As a result, chemicals in shampoos make the scalp dry and lead to excessive hair fall.
- Excessive oiling leads to acne as well because the oil flows to the forehead area and in this polluted environment; oil, pollution, and sweat lead to acne.
How many times should one oil his/her hair?
The ideal number is 1 to 2 times a week.
For clean, dandruff-free, strong, and beautiful hair one must apply the hair oil not more than 1 to 2 times a week. Also, it must be kept in mind that one must apply and leave the oil for two to three hours and not more than that.
From the above article, you came to know how oiling boosts hair growth and makes hair soft, shiny & manageable. There are different types of hair oils available in the market from different brands. Therefore, it is important that one chooses the right option according to the hair problem.
Though oiling is necessary for the hair yet there is a proper frequency and time for which a person should apply the oil.
Therefore, oiling the hair is good but excessive oiling may turn out to be dangerous as it may lead to opposite results.